Sunday, October 5, 2014

squishing spiders & love at 1st sight.

for laughs. there are so many things that I never thought I would do or have to do when I became a mama. squishing spiders with my bare hands is one of them. no matter how small or large I still cringe. and shriek every. single. time.

here are some more "now-that-I'm-a-mama" moments ----

  • I wipe snot from my daughters nose onto my pants. or shirt. especially when there isn't a tissue in sight. and sometimes even when there is a tissue in sight. 
  • I wipe snot from someone else's kid onto my pants. or shirt. 
  • sometimes I don't shower for 2 or 3 days. I just need 2 extra squirts of my beloved "escada taj sunset" perfume. you do what you gotta do! hah!
  • I sit in the car for 15 or 20 extra minutes so my daughter gets a "decent" nap before grocery shopping. 
  • I pee with the door open. with my daughter inches beside because she can't bare for me to be away. haha. privacy? what privacy?! overrated. 
  • I worry so much about nutrition so my daughter doesn't starve.  
  • I rarely shop for myself & spend most money on those oh so sweet baby {kids} clothes. but how can I resist those baby jeans...or the fur vest. or...
  • I have gone out to dinner in my workout clothes because I just didn't care what people would think. 
  • I sometimes eat food that my darling daughter has thrown on the floor, so it doesn't go to waste. 

but now-that-I'm-a-mama I also...

  • know love at first sight. she was loved the moment we laid eyes on her. 
  • love the way her face lights up when she sees daddy walk through that back door after work.
  • adore holding her & cuddling her right before bedtime. 
  • never thought I could smile or laugh as much as I do when I am around my daughter. 
  • make some silly faces & dance like a corn ball just to see her smile. to hear her laugh.
  • have fun teaching her new ideas & concepts. 
  • get so excited when she wears certain outfits that make her extra cute. because let's face it. she's practically my childhood baby doll in living color. 
  • cherish waking up each morning to the sound of her chatting away...and the look on her face when I greet her...melts my heart everytime. 

I must know ---- what are some things YOU do that you never thought you would do before you had a baby?






No comments:

Post a Comment